Our Admissions Policy is one which applies to all schools within Edukos Trust.
There are two different types of admissions:
- those to start school at the ‘normal’ time for the start of the Reception year; and
- those for places in other year groups or at any other time – these are called ‘in-year’ applications for school places.
In-year applications are made for example when a child is already attending one school and the parent/carers wish to move their child from one school to another and when a family moves to a different area and needs a new school place for their child(ren).
Whilst the admission authority for our schools is Edukos Trust, admissions applications are co-ordinated by the Local Authority, East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
To find details of how to appeal a decision on a school place, click this link.
Appeals for ‘in-year’ school admission requests are normally held within 30 school days of the date you appeal is received. You will be notified of the date of your appeal no later than ten school days before the appeal is due to take place.
Please see documents below.
Foundation stage 1 (FS1) and Foundation stage 2 (FS2) make up the Foundation Unit.
The children attend FS1 from the age of 3 years old on a part-time basis.
- FS2 pupils age 4-5 attend school full-time.
- Key stage 1 (KS1) children aged 5 – 7 years old.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) children aged 7 – 11.