MFL Curriculum Intent
The aims of Primary Language teaching at Beverley St Nicholas Primary School are to:
- Foster an interest in language learning by introducing children to other languages in a way that is enjoyable and accessible to all pupils.
- Provide children with a MFL curriculum which is underpinned by; Global citizenship, Wellbeing and Aspirational values.
- Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language and creativity by experimenting with it.
- Support oracy and literacy through speaking and listening skills so that children; know more, remember more and understand more.
- Give an extra dimension to teaching and learning across the curriculum which fulfils the expectations from the National Curriculum.
It is the intention that all children in KS2 will access first quality teaching of French in order to adequately prepare them for KS3.
Intent Implementation and Impact Overview
Skills Progression Map
‘My child is very happy at Beverley St Nicholas Primary School.’
‘My child loves coming to school and it’s because of the teachers.’
‘My child always has exciting things to tell me about his day.’
‘My child really enjoys coming to school and hates it when it’s weekends.’
‘I am very happy with my daughter’s progress and this is down to her teacher.’
‘Excellent job done by all!’
‘I’ve always found Beverley St Nicholas Primary lives up to all of our expectations.’
‘I am delighted with the progress my child is making.’
‘This School provides many opportunities for my child to get involved in sport.’
‘The environment looks great!.’