MFL Curriculum Intent
The aims of Primary Language teaching at Beverley St Nicholas Primary School are to:
- Foster an interest in language learning by introducing children to other languages in a way that is enjoyable and accessible to all pupils.
- Provide children with a MFL curriculum which is underpinned by; Global citizenship, Wellbeing and Aspirational values.
- Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language and creativity by experimenting with it.
- Support oracy and literacy through speaking and listening skills so that children; know more, remember more and understand more.
- Give an extra dimension to teaching and learning across the curriculum which fulfils the expectations from the National Curriculum.
- It is the intention that all children in EYFS, KS1 and KS2 will access first quality teaching of French in order to adequately prepare them for KS3.
It is the intention that all children in KS2 will access first quality teaching of French in order to adequately prepare them for KS3.