MFL Curriculum Intent
The aims of Primary Language teaching at Beverley St Nicholas Primary School are to:
- Foster an interest in language learning by introducing children to other languages in a way that is enjoyable and accessible to all pupils.
- Provide children with a MFL curriculum which is underpinned by; Global citizenship, Wellbeing and Aspirational values.
- Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language and creativity by experimenting with it.
- Support oracy and literacy through speaking and listening skills so that children; know more, remember more and understand more.
- Give an extra dimension to teaching and learning across the curriculum which fulfils the expectations from the National Curriculum.
- It is the intention that all children in EYFS, KS1 and KS2 will access first quality teaching of French in order to adequately prepare them for KS3.