A school uniform promotes a feeling of community and identity within the school.
It also gives the children a sense of purpose; they have dressed to learn.
It’s important to turn up to school feeling that you belong and look ready to learn.
Our school uniform does exactly that.
It makes our children look smart and provides an identity as a member of our education community.
As a school we will:
- Ensure the main parts of the uniform are affordable and available from supermarkets and local shops.
- Make sweatshirts with the school logo, which is optional, available from the school.
- Through the Friends of the School, hold regular used uniform sales which, as well as raising funds for school, provides a source of good quality second hand uniform.
- Telephone or text parents and remind them of the uniform policy if their child doesn’t attend in full uniform.
Beverley St Nicholas school uniform:
- Trousers/ shorts – grey or black
- Polo shirt – white
- Sweatshirt – Red (with or without the school logo)
- Skirt/ pinafore or trousers – grey or black
- Polo shirt – white
- Sweatshirt/ cardigan – Red (with or without school logo)
- Dress – Red Gingham (summer term)
All pupils must have a P.E kit in school. Both boys and girls should wear a red T- shirt and black shorts. In the sum-mer term we also ask if trainers, sun hat and water bottle are included in the kit as often PE will take place outside.
Sensible shoes should be worn to school that are suitable for playground fun. Children should have a change of shoes that remain for indoor use only. These should be named or easily identified.
Jewellery and shoes with heels are not part of our school uniform.
If studs cannot be removed they must be taped up for PE.
It is recommended that all items of uniform are clearly marked with your child’s name so they can be easily returned if they are mislaid.
School book bags are required to take homework, reading books, letters etc. home on a daily basis. We encourage parents/ carers to check the contents regularly.
Water bottles are encouraged to be brought to school. Good hydration aids concentration.
The school office has available to purchase; sweatshirts, cardigans, book bags, PE kits and water bottles. All carry the school logo.
‘My child is very happy at Beverley St Nicholas Primary School.’
‘My child loves coming to school and it’s because of the teachers.’
‘My child always has exciting things to tell me about his day.’
‘My child really enjoys coming to school and hates it when it’s weekends.’
‘I am very happy with my daughter’s progress and this is down to her teacher.’
‘Excellent job done by all!’
‘I’ve always found Beverley St Nicholas Primary lives up to all of our expectations.’
‘I am delighted with the progress my child is making.’
‘This School provides many opportunities for my child to get involved in sport.’
‘The environment looks great!.’