It is not necessary to have school branded uniform (including PE kit) however all uniform should adhere to the policy below:
- White polo shirt/shirt/blouse
- Red jumper/sweatshirt/cardigan
- Black or grey trousers/shorts (shorts should be at least mid-thigh length and trousers and shorts should not be of a tight stretchy material) or
- Grey skirt/pinafore dress/culottes (skirts should be knee length and not of a tight stretchy material)
- Plain tights or white, navy, black or grey plain socks
- In the Summer Term, children may wear red gingham summer dresses
Uniform does not have to bear the logo however these items of uniform bearing the embroidered school name/badge may be purchased online, links are at the bottom of this page.
We also run uniform sales regularly of second hand uniform. Look out for the notifications on Class Dojo or the newsletter about these. If you are in desperate need of uniform then please contact one of our nurture team who will be happy to help you.
Black or navy school style shoes
Please note that jeans, tracksuit bottoms, baseball boots/‘fashion’ trainers, and brightly coloured socks are not recognised as suitable attire for school.
PE, DANCE AND GAMES
All children will be expected to change for PE. The basic PE kit comprises:
- Red or white t-shirt or polo shirt
- Plain dark navy blue or black shorts
INDOOR PE – ALL AGES
PE kit (as above) plus lightweight training shoes, plimsolls (or bare feet).
PE kit (as above) plus:
- Sturdy trainers (NB no ‘high-top’ footwear.)
- Warm over-garments ie navy blue, grey or black tracksuit or jogging bottoms and sweatshirt.
In the interests of health, security and particularly safety, the wearing of any sort of jewellery by children in school, is strongly discouraged. On no account may jewellery be worn during sports activities. Only small, plain silver or gold stud earrings may be worn for school. Please teach your child how to remove their studs for PE. Children with newly pierced ears must cover their studs with ‘micropore’ tape to prevent them being caught. Please provide your child with the necessary tape on PE and Games days. Children with long hair will be required to tie it back during PE/Games/Swimming activities.
All of these recommendations are made in the best interests of the welfare of your children during their time at Beverley St Nicholas Primary School We hope you will support the staff in implementing them.